Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Change is good, change is inevitable, change is strange

As I sit cross-training for my job, I muse on the implications of change in my life.

Within the last couple of years, there have been several deaths in my circle of friends....
Within the last couple of years, there have been the dissolution of some publications that I used to read
Within the last couple of years, the cost of living has gone up and up, and yet my take home funds have gone down and down.
Within the last couple of years, there have been some medical issues that have arisen in my family for literally all members of my immediate family.
Within the last couple of years, some businesses that I supported when I could have gone into bankruptcy.
Within the last couple of years, the technology I felt was underutilized has now become commonplace.
Within the last couple of years, the friends that I had around have faded into their own lives, where we only read about each other on FB.


And yet . . .

Within the last couple of years, I've learned more about myself and now understood scenarios that played out in my life that I didn't understand at the time.
Within the last couple of years, I've discovered other pursuits that could not be enjoyed when life moved faster for me.
Within the last couple of years, I've rediscovered my enjoyment of reading, and the appreciation for the written and spoken word.
Within the last couple of years, I've discovered a core of responsibility that I didn't think I had, where I can grind through situations that before I would have just quit on.

Rough weather makes strong timber.

No comments:

Post a Comment